It’s been a while since I’ve last updated my site, and so much has happened since then! Here’s the scoop:
- I completed my junior year at Florida State University, and I have one more year to go!
- For the first few weeks of summer, I was a substitute teacher for Virginia Beach City Public Schools.
- In May, I was cast in Schoolhouse Rock Live at the Little Theatre of Virginia Beach. We just had our opening weekend! There are still 3 weekends left (last show: August 7th), so buy your tickets today! (Hopefully I’ll share some reviews with you soon.)
- I was hired by Trinity Episcopal Church in Portsmouth, VA as a paid soloist/chorister.
- I just finished my second year working/volunteering as the Creative Team Assistant for Spotlight Productions, a theatre camp for children hosted at Virginia Wesleyan College in Norfolk, VA. For the youth camp (ages 8-12) production of Alice in Wonderland Jr., I served on deck crew and I helped design the program. I also designed the program and served as assistant choreographer for Grease, the teen camp’s show (ages 13-19).
- The abstract to my award-winning scholarly paper “Does the Boot Fit? Understanding Race and Sexuality Representations in the Musical Kinky Boots” appears in the latest edition of Southern Theatre magazine (Volume LVII Number 3, Summer 2016). The online copy isn’t available yet, but you can read my abstract here on Southeastern Theatre Conference’s website.
It’s been such a busy summer already! Time is flying by!